Friday, May 18, 2007

Dr. John Dayal

Member: National Integration Council, Government of India

National President: All India Catholic Union (Founded 1919)
Secretary General: All India Christian Council (Founded 1999)
President: United Christian Action, Delhi (Founded 1992)

12 May 2007

His Excellency the High Commissioner
High Commission of Australia
Shanti Path, New Delhi

Re: Threat to my life received by post from Australia

Your Excellency, Greetings

The letter that I enclose with this is self explanatory. It is a complaint to the Delhi Police asking them to take action on a letter which I received, and which apparently was posted in Australia, threatening me with physical violence of an extreme kind because of my work in human rights and freedom of faith in India.

I hope the police will investigate the matter.

Threat letters, hate mail and similar crime, I believe, are illegal in Australia. Particularly so is hate through the official, government controlled postal system, and the Internet.

I request you to kindly impress on the Australian authorities to investigate this matter.

With warm regards

Dr. John Dayal.
10 May 2007
The Commissioner of Police, Delhi

Thru:
The Station House Officer
Indraprastha Extension Police Station, Delhi 110092
& the SHO, Parliament Street Police Station

Re: Request to register FIR against persons unknown for threat to life, hate mail, and fomenting religious hate. Also, for spreading communal and hat material through post and through the Internet.

Dear Sir

Greetings

I am a social worker, Human Rights and Civil Society and Freedom of Faith activist. I am also a professional Journalist, and member of the India Government’s National Integration Council which is chaired by the Prime Minister of India.

On the evening of 9th May 2007, I received by post at my address an envelope bearing Australian postage stamps. I opened the envelop, and was shocked to see, and to read, its contents.

The letter was on computer laser print, apparently from the website http://www.hindujagruti.org with the Caption “Hindu Janajagruti Samiti: with the further caption “Devout Hindus stop conversions in MP”. In the white space in the point out, and on the reverse, in a blue felt tip pen, the following threatening words have been written by some apparently literate person, apparently fluent in English, purportedly a student living abroad [in Australia, perhaps, going by the postage stamps and Post Office cancellation marks]:

The writer of the hand written letter says:

“You filthy John Dayal, Stop your dirty conversions in India. Using foreign money to lure poor gullible Hindus into Christianity. We are young Hindus living and studying in foreign countries. If you don not stop your conversions, we will come and kill, chase all Christians out of India. If you are a Christian, go and live in a Christian country. You can stay in our country but stop your conversions. We will not let our Hindu motherland be abused by a filthy dog like you. You will be our first target. Rot in hell, you filthy dog. Go to Pakistan and Saudi and see what your activities will get you there. They will chop your balls and feed it to the dogs. You have the support of that Catholic prostitute Sonia and that pig of a pope of yours. Keep doing this and see what we do to you. You know Gandhi was killed by a Hindu. What are you. Get out of our country, you dirty DOG. Take that Catholic Bitch – Sonia Gandhi family with you.”


I am sending a copy of this letter to the High Commission of Australia in India at his New Delhi address as I expect there are laws in Australia against such mail being posted through their postal services.

I do not fear such threats to my life. I have faith in Christ.

I also have faith in the Democracy of my country and its law and justice system. As a citizen of India, I expect the law and order process to take care of such lunatics,

I am sure the Delhi police will file this FIR under suitable sections of the penal code, and take appropriate action under postal and internet laws of the land.

Thank you,
And God bless


Dr. John Dayal
Encl: The Threat letter and its envelope with Australian postal stamps and markings

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.